Thursday 19 January 2012

Anna reveals why she adores recycled fashion



Describe your wardrobe. This is a tough one. I'd say it is an Anna wardrobe.

What inspires you when you go op shopping? I'm always keen to find things to wear that are not clogging up the racks of mainstream stores. Plus there's the potential for rescuing a great item from feeling unloved.


Tells us about your favourite recycled fashion finds. Some really high-use items that always make me feel great and which I am usually complimented on are a grey-blue cotton skirt with embroidery, denim capri pants, and navy platform peep-toe stilettos.


Describe the colour palette of your wardrobe. Black/grey/blue. I like these colours, they go with a lot... but my favourite colours are green (pure, emerald green) and red. There are a few items of these colours scattered around but they are not huge in number.


What is your favourite thing about op shopping? Acceptance. There is (usually) only one item of its kind, so if it doesn't fit me, I move on. None of this 'the smaller size fits mostly except for here where it's too tight, but the larger size fits there but not anywhere else what should I do' angst. I also love finding things I'd seen in a store months before but had resisted and being able to buy them in an op shop for a much lower price.

No comments:

Post a Comment