Friday 13 January 2012

Zita tells us why she loves to hit the Charity Shops



When I go shopping I buy the kind of clothes that make me happy, anything girly or pink or shiny. I also like to buy things that are elegant and classic and will never go out of style.




I can't pinpoint my first fashion memory but have several early fashion memories. I remember going to the shops with my mum when I was little and staring at women's high heeled shoes. I remember going to play at a friends place whos Mother had the most amazing collection of heels and trying to walk in the highest pair. I also remember wanting a dress like Belle's in Beauty and the Beast.




I like to go op shopping when I want something that no one else has. There’s no better feeling then having someone compliment a piece of clothing and ask where you bought it and being able to reply 'I got it at an op shop for 3 bucks'.




I would describe shopping for recycled fashion as a skill. It requires patience and a knack for finding the gem amongst all the crap. Sometimes special things look ordinary on the rack.




My favourite op shop is Endos at Paddington. I have found odd gems all over the place but endos always delivers. I also love vintage stores like retro metro, adornments and the stalls in the Paddington antique centre.




My fashion heroes are Coco Chanel, Christian Dior, Aubrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Carrie Bradshaw.I love Coco Chanel and Christian Dior because they reinvented fashion and their designs have lasted the test of time. I love Audrey and Grace because they were elegant and iconic and Carrie because she isn’t afraid to take fashion risks and I relate to her love of shoes.




When I wear my favourite recycled fashion finds I feel like a kid again.




One day I will own a Chanel handbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment